Opportunities with Tees Valley Arts
Open Opportunities & Support for Artists
Open employment opportunities.
These are open employment opportunities promoted through our Artist and Makers mailout.
- Open call for artists – The Library Presents Digitally – 8 April – here
- Open call for Artists, Artlinkhull – 10 April – here
- Digital Artist Residency, Artlink Hull – 17 April – here
- Creative Writing Programme, Writer’s Block NE – 27 April – here
- Together 2020 Virtual Commissions – 30 April – here
- Vintage Poster Competition, North Yorkshire Moors – 17 July – here
- MA Writing Poetry Scholarship, Newcastle Uni – 31 July – here
- Sculpture Open Call: Beyond the static, 508 Gallery – 1 Aug – here
Places artists can apply for financial support.
A number of funds have been established to provide financial support for artists to mitigate the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. We’ll update the list below as we’re informed of opportunities.
Arts Council England
The Arts Council England has also provided £4 million of funding to benevolent funds to be administered by the following bodies.
- a-n Fund (£300,000) – here
- The Dancers Hardship Fund (undisclosed) – here
- Equity Charitable Trust Coronavirus Emergency Welfare Support for Freelancers (undisclosed) – here
- Help Musicians Coronavirus Financial Hardship Fund (undisclosed) – here
- The Outdoor Arts Sector Support Fund (£500,000) – here (opens 6 April)
- The Theatrical Guild (undisclosed) – here (no specific details published)
- Authors Emergency Fund (undisclosed) – here
Please note: Arts Council England is cross-referencing applications and will only support applications made to one body to ensure that as many artists as possible have access to funding.
Other sector specific funders
- Royal Literary Fund – here
Other places artists can find support.
- Arts Council England, here
- a-n, here
- Crafts Council, here
- Creative Industries Federation, here
- Creative Factory Crowdfunder, here
- XTRAX, here
Get involved in your Community
Covid-19 specific support.
- Coronavirus Support for Vulnerable Darlington – here
- Hartlepool Community Action Group: Covid-19 Coronavirus – here
Redcar and Cleveland
- Redcar and Cleveland Support Group – here