Artsmark is Arts Council England’s flagship programme to enable schools and other organisations to evaluate, strengthen and celebrate their arts and cultural provision.
Achieving Artsmark status demonstrates that your school or setting has a number of very special qualities. It demonstrates that you:
- have an arts and cultural provision for all children and young people
- are forward thinking and open to development
- are committed to investing in your staff and young people, in effect nurturing talent
- are committed to listening to your students and providing opportunities for your community
- have an effective approach to building sustainable relationships with arts and cultural organisations
- value the arts and culture through a broad and balanced curriculum
Applications for the 2013/14 academic year will open on Monday 7 October 2013 and will remain open until 25 July 2014.
Schools and other settings are entitled to free face-to-face training for up to two people. The next training date in the North East is in Middlesbrough on Wednesday 11th September from 10am – 4pm at Tees Valley Arts.
To book your two free places, you will need to register for the Artsmark network.
Find out more about face-to-face-training.