A rare opportunity has arisen, to join Tees Valley Arts as a freelance part time Projects Officer, managing some ongoing projects, and with the potential to develop new ones.
Duration: January – December 2014, based on 3 days per week for 48 weeks
Total fee: £13,000 (you will be self-employed and will be responsible for your own taxes and national insurance)
NB: There will be an additional financial allocation for use of own mobile phone (currently £10 per month) and a mileage allowance of 40pence per mile for on the job travel
Please see the attached brief for further details of the work and for the person specification; please also look at our website prior to preparing any application.
Please send a CV (no longer than two sides of A4) and a letter of application (no longer than two sides of A4). Your letter of application must address:
- Your understanding of participatory arts
- Your experience of working in the cultural sector
- Your experience and understanding of project development and management
- Your experience of fundraising and of project budget management
- Your knowledge and experience of Arts Award and Artsmark (please note that the successful candidate will be required to undertake Arts Award Adviser training. Subject to further negotiation, it may also be possible for the successful candidate to undertake supported training in delivery of Arts Award and Artsmark training and support to advisers/ applicants, but this is not a condition or a necessary offer of the contract.)
- Your knowledge of the Tees Valley and its particular context
- Your ability to travel throughout the Tees Valley
- You must be able to provide an up to date – ie no older than two years – CRB or DBS certificate; this must be provided at interview, along with proof of identity such as a passport or driving licence with photograph
- You will need to provide evidence of public liability insurance at the point of the awarding of contract
- What personal qualities you think you will bring to this role, and how you think you would judge successful delivery of it?
- TVA has policies in place governing eg working with children and vulnerable adults, diversity and equality, storage of imagery, use of social media etc. You will need to comply with these policy statements, many of which are available on the website. How will you set about ensuring compliance?
Please note: where you do not have relevant experience to evidence then please outline your understanding and your aspirations for the role. The contracted candidate will be actively supported and supervised by the TVA Director.
Your letter of application must address every point given above to be considered.
You may include a small amount of other evidence, such as photographs, reports, publicity for projects etc. If you send these as actual documents and you wish to have them returned to you, then you must include self addressed envelopes/ packaging with sufficient postage stamps affixed. TVA cannot accept any responsibility for possible loss of or damage to materials sent by candidates.
Deadline for applications:
Your application must arrive by 4pm Friday 29th November 2013.
Send applications to:
Tees Valley Arts
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: email applications are preferred.
Interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place in December, to be arranged shortly after the closing date, for a January start.
Please note: if you have not been contacted by 4pm Friday 6th December, then please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion. TVA regrets but it will not be able to provide feedback to candidates who have not been invited for interview.
For any further information, please contact Rowena Sommerville, TVA Director, on 01642 264655 or email@example.com