TVA has been awarded a grant by the Lloyds Bank Foundation to appoint a freelance part-time Projects Officer to develop participatory arts projects with adults in challenging and vulnerable circumstances.
Duration: May – December 2015, based on 2 days per week over 80 weeks
Total fee: £14,400 (you will be self-employed and will be responsible for your own taxes and national insurance)
NB: There will be an additional financial allocation for use of own mobile phone (currently £10 per month) and a mileage allowance of 40 pence per mile for on the job travel
Please see the attached brief for further details of the work and for the person specification; please also look at our website prior to preparing any application.
Please send a CV (no longer than two sides of A4) and a letter of application (no longer than two sides of A4). Your letter of application must address:
- Your understanding of and any experience of participatory arts in the adult sector
- Your understanding and any experience of the challenges that exist to establishing such work
- Your knowledge and experience of partnership development
- Your knowledge and experience of fund-raising
- Your personal qualities that equip you for this role
- Why you want the role and want to work for TVA
- Your ability to travel throughout the Tees Valley and occasionally beyond
- You must be able to provide an up to date – ie no older than two years – CRB or DBS certificate; this must be provided at interview, along with proof of identity such as a passport or driving licence with photograph
- You will need to provide evidence of public liability insurance at the point of the awarding of contract
Please note: where you do not have relevant experience to evidence then please outline your understanding and your aspirations for the role. The contracted candidate will be actively supported and supervised by the TVA Director.
Your letter of application must address every point given above to be considered.
You may include a small amount of other evidence, such as photographs, reports, publicity for projects etc. If you send these as actual documents and you wish to have them returned to you, then you must include self addressed envelopes/ packaging with sufficient postage stamps affixed. TVA cannot accept any responsibility for possible loss of or damage to materials sent by candidates.
Deadline for applications:
Your application must arrive by 4.30pm Thursday 1st May 2014.
Send applications to:
Tees Valley Arts
Or email to: email@example.com
Please note: email applications are preferred.
Interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place on the morning of Thursday 8th May for a start later that month.
Please note: if you have not been contacted by 4.30pm Tuesday 6th May, then please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion. TVA regrets but it will not be able to provide feedback to candidates who have not been invited for interview.
For any further information, please contact Rowena Sommerville, TVA Director, on 01642 264655 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TVA is a participatory arts organisation, based in Middlesbrough and working across the Tees Valley, helping people change and improve their lives by taking part in the arts. TVA is a small organisation which makes a big impact in imaginative and unexpected ways.