The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit.gov.uk/kickstart-scheme
Cultural Kickstart Assistant
The Redcar Palace is a new venue, opening in the Spring of 2021 on the Redcar Seafront. It will be a space that supports people to be creative by offering a chance to see work by artists from across the world, to present work that they have created themselves, to learn new skills and to start new conversations.
We want to recruit a group of enthusiastic young people through the Government’s Kickstart scheme to be part of this new venture. You may never have thought of working in the arts before – that doesn’t matter.
We are looking for people who will bring energy to what they do, who are willing to share their ideas and thinking, looking to learn and build their networks and who will show care for those they work with.
If you join us you will have the opportunity to work across all aspects of the organisation: hanging exhibitions; supporting events and workshops; working on our website and social media accounts; working behind the scenes to keep the organisation ticking over and being the first person to welcome our visitors through the front door.
If you think that any of the following qualities describe you then we would like to hear from you:
- Do you think of yourself as sociable and good at building up new networks of friends? If so we want to hear from you. These are the skills we need to help provide a warm welcome for visitors to the Redcar Palace.
- Do you prefer your own company? We have lots of jobs that need doing behind the scenes including helping to plan exhibitions and events, undertake general day-to-day business administration such as bookkeeping and helping to report on projects to funders.
- Do you enjoy writing? Perhaps you would enjoy writing about the works we put on display or producing text for our website.
- Are you a creator? Do you enjoy keeping an active following on social media? You could help us try new methods of engaging with new audiences and platforms from video to gifs to chat.
- Do you enjoy making things: crafting, cooking, writing music? Perhaps you could pass on skills to other people or take part in delivering workshops and events.
- Do you enjoy learning new skills and new ideas? As part of a small team, we’re developing new ideas and learning the skills to be able to realise them.
- Do you have a good eye for detail? From hanging a picture in an exhibition to proofreading copy for a book, we need people who can be patient and meticulous in their work.
- Do you enjoy working with IT? Perhaps you have built your own gaming computer, created a Discord server or have your own YouTube channel. Throughout the pandemic we’ve constantly evolved our digital offer and you can help deliver it.
Our job description (above) was approved on Monday 8th March by the Tees Valley Combined Authority and was approved by the Department of Work and Pensions on 8th April.
The opportunities will be going live over the next couple of days and you will need to ask your Universal Credit Work Coach to refer you to the opportunity and once they’ve done that you can submit your application below.
All we require from you is your email address and your answer to three simple questions in no more than 300 words each, you can also submit either links to/or upload videos of no more than a minute to answer these questions.
The opportunities will formally close on 21st May 2021 or once we have received sufficient referrals from the DWP and corresponding applications.