Arts Award – What is it?
Arts Award is a flexible qualification which supports young people to develop as artists and arts leaders, and is…
- a great way for children and young people to be inspired by and enjoy the arts offered at five levels; four accredited and one introductory award
- a framework for learning new skills and sharing them
- an opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills
- a link between young people and creative arts professionals
- on the Qualifications Credit Framework and is accredited by OFQUAL
- Discover is an introductory award and Explore is an Entry Level 3 qualification
- Bronze is a Level 1 qualification on the Foundation Learning Tier
- Silver is a Level 2 qualification on the Foundation Learning Tier
- Gold is a Level 3 qualification on the Foundation Learning Tier and holds 35 UCAS points
There are no entry requirements, no time limit for completing the award, and no set rules on how you present your final work. You just need to be aged between 5 and 25, and ready to explore new creative experiences.
What do I need to do?
- To support young people through Arts Award you need to be a trained Arts Award Adviser
- TVA is an Arts Award Supporter and can provide high-quality arts experiences which will support children and young people in achieving their Arts Awards. We can also offer a complete Arts Award ‘package’.
Arts Award Training
For further information and to book Arts Award Adviser Training click here.