TVA needs help with a range of tasks, including but not limited to those listed below. We can construct a volunteering opportunity for you based on any of or any combination of these tasks:
Current Volunteering Opportunities
Photography and Film Archive
Over the last three decades TVA has built an incredible collection of both photographs and film. We’re looking for people who are interested in siting down and looking through the 20k+ photos we have on file and 100+ films to ensure that we have online galleries of our activity on our website and that our films are uploaded and documented to our vimeo and youtube accounts.
Throughout the 80s and 90s TVA was one of the largest commissioners of Public Art in the North East, perhaps the whole UK, though documented at the time this activity has never been documented by TVA on our website or in print.
As part of mima’s localism project we’d like to document the history of public sculpture we’ve delivered and aid mima in documenting public sculpture across the Tees Valley.
We’d really like to be able to contribute to the National Recording Project (NRP) of the Public Monuments & Sculpture Association to ensure that the Tees Valley’s place in our national narrative of Public Art is properly recorded.
How you can help:
- Work through books identifying public sculpture and add them to our website
- Take Photos of identified public sculptures
- Mark public sculptures on our sculpture map
- Update a sculpture’s record on the NRP database
TVA has been a publishing house since 1993. We have recently begun to provide a single reference point for these publications, as well as fully document them.
How you can help:
- Scan all published book covers
- Add book covers to Nielsen via Title Editor
- Update book details on Nielsen via Title Editor
- Collate non-published TVA books and add to website
- Collate information about authors and contributors for TVA publications for ‘Our Alumni‘ page
This is an excellent way for you learn the basics of publishing: how you publish a book, advertise it, record it, document it, the whole shebang.
We’re also constantly publishing new works and looking for works to publish. Get involved in graphic design, typesetting, learn the InDesign platform, ePub, etc.
For more information on our past publications see here.